Treadmills, together with home gyms and exercise bicycles are the most popular fitness equipment purchased for cardio, burning fat (weight loss), and improved fitness. They offer you an indoor option for cardio exercises in the comfort of your home when you can’t or don’t want to go outside or if you just want to cancel your gym membership. In this article, we will talk about the top 5 treadmills that you can purchase for home use.
So, what is the best treadmill for home use?
Buying a treadmill is a big investment. Therefore, before making any purchase, it is important to first write down a list of the top 5 treadmills you want to choose from.
The list below was made based on our own opinion, customer reviews, and research.
But before diving into the list of the top 5 best treadmills, I want to quickly share with you some important factors that you have to consider before making the purchase:
- Your budget: This is the number one factor… how much money are you going to spend, keeping in mind that a good quality treadmill for regular walks and jogs should cost you a minimum of $1,000 and a minimum of $1, 800 if you are looking to buy a treadmill for intense workouts like regular running.
- The kind of exercises you will be doing with it e.g., walking or running.
- What extra programs do you want e.g., iFit software (with monitored certified trainers), heart rate monitors, Bluetooth, reachable control panel, remote control through phone apps, etc…
- How often are you going to be using it and how many people will be using it
- How much space do you have? Consider the weight and folding features of the treadmill
- Treadmill warranty, delivery, and setup
TOP 5 BEST TREADMILLS FOR HOME
It is important to keep in mind that, a treadmill is one item that you are going to own for a long period of time. Therefore, it is extremely important to consider the durability and performance of the device.
The list below was analyzed based on price, durability of the product, and performance.
1) Nordic Track Commercial 1750
- Best treadmill for anyone looking to walk, jog or run or perform intense workouts at home
- It is quite pricey, but it has all the incredible features and will for sure be so rewarding for the price.
- 22” width x 60” length track belt
- 15% incline
- 10” screen control panel
- Adjustable cushioning
- 3.8 CHP DurXTM Commercial Pro motor, strong enough for intense indoor workouts
- It has self-cooling tech which prolongs its lifespan
- Includes free 1-year iFit software subscription
- Comes with 38 built-in workouts designed by a certified personal trainer to help you reach your fitness goals
- Has in-built Bluetooth speakers, which is just icing on the cake
- Has two in-built funs which you can use to cool yourself up during the workouts
- Easy to fold and store
- I would rank this one as the number one home treadmill because it is fairly priced it has all the fantastic value and the onboard workouts that you will love and keep you motivated and pushes you to train harder.
2) NordicTrack Treadmill T6.1 Si
- This 2019 model is inexpensive and high tech, it comes in black and grey.
- Built-in workouts designed by a certified personal trainer
- It is one of the best treadmills for walking and some jogging
- Very easy to control
- Comes with a built-in Android tablet that lets you record your workout stats, offers hundreds of pre-programmed workouts, with the scenery to match if you want
- Has a 2.6 CHP motor
- I would not recommend it for a lot of running or heavy use due to motor size, but it has everything you need for walking
- It has 10% One-touch incline control
- 20” wide x55” long-running space
- 10’’ display touch screen
- This treadmill has 20 incredible onboard workouts plus 12 months of free iFit subscription
- FlexSelect cushioning
- Has a folding deck, and it is very easy to lift and fold, locks securely into place, the folding deck has a hydraulic arm underneath that carries a lot of weight for you, and it lowers itself down, without any fear of damaging the floor or hurting yourself
- This is an awesome treadmill for home use for regular walks and some running (but not very good for long-term running)
- It is Inexpensive (between $1,500 and $1,700)
- Good for small spaces because it is easily foldable
- 10” HD display touch screen, which just so incredible for an inexpensive treadmill
- Comes with 1-year free iFit subscription
- Best for guided workouts
- Not very good for long-tern running due to motor size
- Not Bluetooth capable
- Heartrate monitors tend not to be that accurate when using high speed, but they are very accurate when walking
- Not meant for intense workouts
3) Bowflex Results Series Treadmills
- This Bowflex BXT116 Treadmill has a commercial-grade motor (heavy duty) that supports intense running and works
- 20″ width x 60″ length cushioned running track
- Powerful 3.5 CHP motor
- Maximum weight capacity of 375lb
- 7.5” LCD display screen
- Can easily be folded and stored after working out
- It has a quality cushioned three-ply tread belt
- 15% incline, and HD Screen panel control
- It has Bluetooth and users can easily transfer workout data to mobile device apps to track their progress
- Has USB charging port
- 9 built-in workout apps
- Wireless heart rate receiver and chest strap
- Left and right side storage trays for water bottle or phone or keys, etc.
- Automatic speed air fan
- Lifetime warranty with the frame, motor, deck, and electronics
- Firm and easy folding and lowering deck tech
- Very easy to assemble and use
4) Lifespan TR3000i
- Has pulse sensors on the handles
- Large LCD display
- Has a long-lasting motor of 2.75 CHP
- Long-life warranty
- Incredible support frames
- The deck has shock absorbers, which is incredible for stability
- 20’’width x 56” length belt track which is good for walking, jogging, and running
- It has very easy folding technology
- 21 fitness inbuilt programs that assist you with your work routines
- It features incline tech of 15%,
- Has Bluetooth and cooling features
- Nicely priced for all the work it performs
- This treadmill is very heavy, so it is important to be extra conscious when folding or storing it
- The heart bit monitor tends to be inconsistency at times
5) ProForm 2000 Treadmill
- Entry-level ProForm treadmills series and a great option for anyone looking to have intense running/workouts at less than $1,800
- 3.5 CPH commercial motor
- 7” HD screen control plus Bluetooth
- Has access to 1-year free iFit membership
- 15% incline control
- Built-in cool air fan
- 50 built-in workouts, gripe pulse heart rate sensor
- A great size running deck of 22” wide x 60” length and supports up to 300lb weight capacity, it is perfectly suited for people looking to have intense workouts or runners.
- If your budget is low, then I would highly recommend this treadmill for you.
As I mentioned at the beginning, buying a treadmill is a huge investment, therefore a lot of factors need to be considered before making a purchase.
I hope this article will be helpful!
Don’t forget to leave your comment or questions below.
Read more about who we are and other interesting topics: